Vegan Hemp Milk Recipe
4 Easy-To-Make Plant Based Hemp Milk Recipes Made With Hemp Hearts
Have you tried making your own plant based milk? This hemp milk recipe is very simple and only requires a blender. You can make different flavoured hemp milk by adding just a couple of additional ingredients. You can also choose to add less water for a thicker consistency.
An interesting read about the Prebiotic potential of hemp blended drinks fermented by probiotics here.
Use hemp milk as a plant based alternative to store bought milk. Pour it on your morning breakfast, drink it by the glass, even feed it to your pets to add extra nutrients to their diet. If you're a sucker for the classic milk and cookies try our Choc Chip Hemp Protein Cookies or our Healthy Hemp Anzac Biscuits recipe.
To make a hemp protein smoothie (great for a high protein breakfast) use the standard hemp milk recipe as your base then add The Brothers Green Organic Gut Health Protein Powder and whatever fresh or frozen fruits you have available in your kitchen.
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts - The Brothers Green Superfood Garnish
- 3 - 3½ cups water (use less water for thicker, creamier milk)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup (option for sweeter tasting plant milk)
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder for "Chocolate Hemp Milk"
- 1/4 cup fresh berries for "Berry Hemp Milk"
- 1/3 banana for "Banana Hemp Milk"
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon for "Banana Hemp Milk"
- Add hemp hearts, water, vanilla, salt, and any additional add-ins (optional) to a blender.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes on high or until you're happy with the consistency.
- Taste your milk to test the flavour and sweetness. For more sweetness add extra vanilla or maple syrup. Add more salt if needed.
- Pour your hemp milk directly into a serving container or glasses.
- If storing your milk, gently tip the bottle upside down before each use.