These are the best Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies with the magical touch of Hemp. These are our favourite vegan cookies using The Brothers Green New Zealand Hemp Protein and New Zealand Hemp Seeds.
The Best Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies with the Magical Touch of Hemp
These are hands down my favourite vegan cookies that I’ve ever made. The combination of the flours and The Brothers Green hemp combine to create the most delicious choc chip cookie that will melt in your mouth. The texture reminds me of a melting moment but also has that delightful crunch on the outside. And the salt on top.. this is a necessity! Salty, sweet and so dang good.
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- 1 cup oats ground
- ½ cup coconut or brown sugar
- 3 tbsp The Brothers Green Hemp Seeds
- 1 tbsp The Brothers Green Hemp Protein
- Handful of walnuts chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Decent sprinkle of salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil - melted
- Heaped tbsp Bay Road peanut butter
- ¼ cup sticky sweetener - you could use organic maple syrup
- 40ml water or hemp mylk
- 1x cup choc buttons (try raw or organic)
- Turn on your oven to 175°C
- Mix together all the dry ingredients until combined
- Then add in the wet ingredients and mix until combined
- Add in the chocolate
- Shape the cookies into tablespoon sized balls, you have to really squish the dough together to make it stick together* and then softly flatten onto a greased oven tray.
- Sprinkle some more salt on top of the cookies and then place in the oven to cook for 12-14 minutes.
- Leave the cookies to cool down and harden slightly for at least 15 minutes (I know the wait is a struggle, but trust me they taste even better when they’ve crisped up a bit)
- Sit and enjoy with a glass of hemp mylk
*It might look like the texture is too dry to stick together but if you leave them to cool they stick together beautifully, if it’s really not working for you add a little more mylk or sticky sweetener.