Healthy Hemp Anzac Biscuits Recipe
The Classic Anzac Biscuit With a Twist of Hemp
This is a delicious and nutritious take on the classic Kiwi favourite, Anzac biscuits are such a nostalgic taste for those of us that grew up in New Zealand. If you’re trying to eat healthier or more plant based it can be hard to find a recipe that isn’t full of sugar and butter.. Our recipe has the best of both worlds! It still has the sweet and chewiness of the classic cookie but has less sugar and more nutrients from the coconut flour and of course our favourite, the hemp seed. The seeds not only add omegas and protein to your treat but also create a delicious nutty aspect to the taste.
- 1 cup oats
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup The Brothers Green Hemp Hearts
- ⅓ cup organic coconut sugar
- ¼ cup Blue Coconut coconut oil
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup or agave (use golden syrup if you’re not worried about the extra refined sugar, this will add a more classic Anzac flavour)
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 160°C on fan bake.
- Mix together The Brothers Green hemp hearts, oats, coconut and sugar
- Add in the coconut oil and syrup and mix again
- Place the hot water and baking soda into a seperate bowl and mix until combined
- Add the soda mix to the rest of the cookie dough and stir until combined
- Grease an oven tray and begin to create your biscuits with a tablespoon of dough per biscuit. (The mixture is quite crumbly so you need to use a bit of elbow grease to bind the mixture together and carefully place the biscuit on the tray.)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
- Leave to cool completely if you can resist. With most vegan cookies the cooling down process allows the mixture to set together as there is no dairy or egg to help bind the mixture.
- As always, enjoy your delicious hemp treat with a cup of tea or a glass of hemp mylk.