Sticky Sesame Cauliflower Recipe
Versatile Sticky, Tasty Vegan Cauliflower
This sticky sesame cauliflower is a great recipe to have with brown rice, quinoa, tacos, wraps, salads, bao buns, lettuce cups and so much more. Top it off with some Superfood Garnish and this cauliflower even goes good on a platter with your favourite freshly baked bread!
- ½ cauliflower florets
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup hemp milk or any plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- ½ tsp salt & pepper
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 gloves of garlic – finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup tamari soy sauce
- 2 tsp organic maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp water
- 1tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp The Brothers Green Hemp Hearts
Part 1: Cauliflower
- Heat oven to 200°
- Cut the cauliflower into chunks.
- Make the batter by blending all the ingredients together until you get a smooth consistency - not too thick but not runny enough that it won’t stick.
- Place the cauliflower into the batter mixing until fully covered.
- Melt coconut oil on the stove.
- Place cauliflower onto a baking tray and cover it with the melted oil.
- Place your cauliflower into the oven – toss them around after 15 minutes and leave for another 30 minutes or until crispy.
Part 2: Sticky Sauce
- On a medium heat place the ginger, garlic and sesame oil in a pan for a couple minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to your pan and stir regular until your sauce is simmering - you should notice your sauce starting to thicken.
- Take your sauce off the heat and add the sesame seeds and hemp hearts.
Part 3: Bringing your meal together
- Once the cauliflower has started to go golden, pour the sauce over the cauli and place it back in the oven for 5 minutes. You can also add your cauliflower and sauce to a frying pan to help combine.
- Pair with brown rice, slaw or steamed buns and top with The Brothers Green Organic Superfood Garnish, spring onion, sesame seeds, or whatever fresh herbs you have at the time.