Lemon Coconut Hemp & Date Energy Balls Recipe
Tasty Energy Bites Made With New Zealand Hemp Protein & Hearts
Bite size energy bites with great texture and a pop of citrus. Great for breakfast on the go, an afternoon plant based treat or a pre or post workout snack.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup pitted dates, roughly chopped
- ½ cup The Brothers Green Organic Superfood Garnish (NZ hemp hearts)
- 2-3 tsp The Brothers Green Organic Gut Health Protein Powder (NZ hemp protein)
- zest of 1 large lemon
- juice of ½ large lemon
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup / liquid sweetener
- Option to have extra shredded coconut to roll the balls in
- Pulse the cashews and coconut in the bowl of a food processor until it resembles a course meal.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the maple syrup) and blend until combined. Do not over-process as you still want some texture.
- Pour into a bowl and mix in maple syrup to help combine the mixture together.
- Roll into balls and put them in the fridge to set.
- Store your energy balls in the fridge if you plan to eat them in the same week. Otherwise store them in the freezer.