Creamy Hemp Porridge Recipe
The Best Vegan Porridge With Hemp!
This vegan porridge recipe is the perfect balance of macros to set you up for a fantastic day and will keep you going for hours. Simple yet so comforting. Soaking the oats creates this beautiful creaminess that makes breakfast feel like pudding.
Ingredients for 1 portion:
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp The Brothers Green Superfood Garnish
- 2 dates chopped
- 1 cup any plant milk (make your own hemp milk)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Nut butter
- Honey or maple syrup
- The Brothers Green Superfood Garnish
- Soak the oats, seeds and dates in hemp milk overnight or for at least an hour (this creates the ultra creamy delicious texture).
- When you’re ready to eat, add cinnamon, vanilla and a dash of salt and stir.
- Heat up your oats on a medium heat until the mixture thickens - if you left it to soak overnight a little extra liquid might be helpful.
- Pour your porridge into your favourite bowl and add toppings to your heart is content. I love adding granola on top to add a nice crunch!
*this recipe also works as a Bircher but would soak overnight with some grated apple for Bircher.