Scandinavian Hemp Seed & Nut Bread Recipe
This has to be the best Scandinavian Bread recipe you'll ever make!
Make your Sunday brunch that little bit healthier! This Scandinavian Hemp Seed & Nut Bread was dreamed up to heal your gut. Filled with a nutritious mixture of nuts and seeds, this loaf will add some much needed X factor to our lockdown meals.
The combination of clean available plant protein, fibres and healthy fats act to target a well-balanced digestive system while also tasting wonderful of course. Bonus, it's gluten free!
- 3 cups roughly chopped raw walnuts
- 2 cups roughly chopped raw almonds
- 1 cup The Brothers Green Hemp Hearts
- 1 cup mixed seeds: linseeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds or whatever you have in your pantry
- For extra fibre add 1 tsp psyllium husk
- 4-5 organic free range eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp The Brothers Green Hemp Seed Oil
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 165°C (325°F).
- Mix all nuts and seeds together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and mix together with olive oil, hemp seed oil and pink Himalayan salt.
- Stir the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Grease a loaf pan with olive oil and pour the mixture into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Take the loaf out of the oven and allow to cool in the pan.
- Once the bread is cooled, cut it into slices and serve. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.