Roasted Carrot & Hemp Hummus Recipe
Sweet Hummus That Will Have All of Your Friends Asking for the Recipe!
We've been playing around in the kitchen with some roast veggies and came up with this delicious Roasted Carrot & Hemp Hummus recipe. This is a very simple hummus recipe, perfect to keep refrigerated in a jar and pull out whenever you need. Our hummus goes perfectly with your favourite salad ingredients and stuffed into a pita pocket, or put on a platter for after work drinks with your team.
- 5 carrots
- 1 can chickpeas (dry them out)
- 3 garlic gloves
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup The Brothers Green Hemp Hearts
- ¼ cup hemp oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ lemon
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp salt & pepper
- ¼ cup water (maybe more depending on consistency)
- Optional fresh rosemary & sunflower seeds.
- Turn the oven on to 200°C.
- Cut the carrots length ways in strips and drizzle honey and melted coconut oil over the top. Season with salt & pepper.
- Cook for roughly 20 minutes, turning them halfway through. When you do this add the garlic on top of your carrots (see image below).
- In the last few minutes of cooking the carrots you can also add the sunflower seeds and rosemary.
- Once your carrots have cooked, let them cool for 10 minutes before placing them in the food processor with all the other ingredients.
- Your hummus is now ready to store in a jar and be kept in the fridge!