Kumara with Avocado & Hemp Smash
Aaron's Kumara with Avocado & Hemp Smash
Mexican style roasted Kumara topped with a guacamole with a hemp twist to add extra depth and creaminess to compliment the surrounding flavours. A nice quick and simple, fresh dish with prime real estate to flavour town.
The scene for this dish is a warm summers night where you can’t really be bothered cooking, but the simplicity of the dish makes it a minimal effort task.
- 2x large white Kumara
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Pink of cayenne pepper
- Coconut oil
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
Top and tail your kumara and cut them down the middle, long ways.
Melt your coconut oil and coat the kumara for roasting.
Place your kumara in a big bowl along with a teaspoon of cumin, coriander and a pinch of cayenne - less is more with cayenne, it's hellfire hot.
Toss these all around in a bowl, salt and pepper and then roast in the oven for roughly 50mins.
Preparing Your Guacamole
- Finely dice your onion and tomato - be sure to just use the flesh and not the guts of the tomato as this will make your guacamole rather sloppy.
- Chop up your coriander and put that to the side with the onion and tomato pieces.
- Smash your avocado ether with a fork, or in a food processor if you want it silky smooth.
- Add a drop of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of Hemp Seed Oil while smashing. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add your diced onion, diced tomato, chopped coriander and 2x tbsp of Hemp Seeds per avocado.
- Stir everything together and your guacamole is ready!
Plating Your Dish
Kumara is your base where the guacamole will sit upon.
Garnish with fresh coriander, Hemp Seeds and a drizzle of Hemp Seed Oil.
Demolish your magical creation. Bone apple tea :)