Hemp Basil Pesto Recipe
What's Better Than Pesto? Homemade Hemp Pesto!
One of our favourite things to see on a platter is a beautiful basil pesto, and because we know that everything tastes better when you make it yourself we thought why not give it a try. This easy homemade Hemp Basil Pesto is a super simple recipe packed with NZ hemp and punchy flavours. You can have this pesto on a platter, on top of salad, or mixed through pasta to make a delicious fresh, creamy, nutty pasta sauce.
- 2-3 cups of fresh basil
- 3 tbsp The Brothers Green Hemp Seed Oil
- 2 tbsp lemon
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup of nuts - either pine, cashew, pumpkin, macadamia
- 2 tbsp The Brothers Green Hemp Hearts
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp salt & pepper
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor until it's at the consistency you prefer - we like ours chunky.
- Store in a jar in the fridge.