Creamy Mushroom Hemp & Herb Pasta Recipe
Easy, Healthy Pasta Recipe Made Even Better With New Zealand Hemp!
I think it’s fair to say that pasta is the ultimate comfort food.. Here is a healthier, lighter, tastier, dairy free version- just in time for our NZ winter!This recipe is seriously easy. The best part is that you can easily adapt it by taking things out (eg. walnuts) and/or substitute ingredients that we have used by adding in things that you already have in your pantry/fridge.
30mins- prep and cooking time
- 1 or 2 onions, finely chopped
- 250g brown swiss and/or button Meadow Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (can use any nuts- pine nuts, almonds)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 cup mushroom stock (you could also use vegetable stock)
- 400ml coconut cream
- 250g Ceres Organic pasta of your choice (we used super grain penne)
- ½ cup The Brothers Green Hemp Hearts (as little or as much as you like- don’t be shy)
- 150g chopped spinach
- The Brothers Green Hemp Seed Oil, Hemp Hearts and parsley to serve
- Prepare vegetables by finely chopping onions, crushing the garlic and slicing the mushrooms.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Heat Blue Coconut coconut oil in a large fry on medium heat. Cook onions, mushrooms, garlic and thyme, with a good pinch of salt, for 5-10mins or until mushrooms and onions are soft.
- Add the cashews, walnuts, soy sauce and the mushroom stock into the mushrooms. Continue cooking for another 5 or so minutes, until the mushrooms have soaked up most of the stock.
- Then add the coconut cream, hemp hearts and spinach.
- Drain the pasta and add this in too. Season with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Leave it to simmer gently for 10 minutes to soak up the goodies!
- Divide between bowls, drizzle with NZ Hemp Seed Oil, scatter with NZ Hemp Hearts and parsley. Taa daa!