Chocolate Hemp Mousse Recipe
NZ Hemp Seeds for Dessert
"Living in Tairua I am pretty stumped for choice at the local Four Square for ingredients. Thankfully I came across the last packet of chia seeds, a super nutritious and versatile super food that goes hand in hand with The Brothers Green hemp seeds like a super seed marriage. This recipe is inspired by my love for all things sweet and my lack of access to my favourite Duck Island Ice Cream (shout out to you lockdown). This creamy chocolate hemp mousse is an epic dessert, snack or even breakfast (because #treatyourself). I hope you enjoy this recipe, we definitely did."
- 1⁄3 cup chia seeds
1⁄4 cupThe Brothers Green hemp hearts
- 1⁄4 cacao powder
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup plant milk (I used Minor Figures Oat Milk)
- 1 tablespoon liquid sweetener e.g. honey (add more to taste)
- Pinch of salt and cinnamon
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place mixture into bowls - 2 large portions or 4 small.
- Leave in the fridge to set for around 4 hours.
- Garnish with your favourite hemp toppings. I used a mixture of crumbled Hempy Bars, shaved The Brothers Green x Chow Cacao organic chocolate, and dried coconut.
- The Brothers Green Hempy Bars
- The Brothers Green hemp hearts
- The Brothers Green x Chow Cacao Organic Chocolate
- Dried coconut
- Dried or fresh fruit