Choc Coconut Hemp Slice
Rachel's Simple Sugar Free Choc Coconut Hemp Slice Recipe
Our good friend Rachel from Good Cake Co. loves baking with hemp and has created some simple sugar free, gluten free recipes using The Brothers Green raw Hurunui Hemp food.
Here's a healthy and delicious chocolatey treat that you can whip up to take away with you and your whānau on holiday!
50g The Brothers Green Hemp Seed Hearts
70g ground almonds
50g sugar free substitute eg: erythritol
40g desiccated coconut
1/2 tsp baking powder
90g melted and cooled nut butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 160°C
- Add all dry ingredients into a bowl and stir them together.
- Add the melted and cooled nut butter to your bowl and mix well.
- Add egg and vanilla essence and mix again until your mixture is combined.
- Press into small baking tray (I used a 18x18cm square tray) and place in the oven to cook for 16-20 minutes.
Once cooled, drizzle a sugar free melted chocolate over the top (I used Well Naturally Sugar Free Dark Chocolate), sprinkle with extra The Brothers Green Hemp Seed Hearts and coconut.