Black Rice & Hemp Salad Recipe
Olivia's Black Rice & Hemp Salad Made With The Brothers Green Hemp Oil & Hemp Seeds
Olivia's inspiration for this bright, nutritious salad came from lighter and warmer summer nights. This Black Rice & Hemp Salad can be served hot or cold. It is very easy to put together and is one that will impress all the guests at your summer BBQ's! This recipe should serve approximately 5 people as a side dish.
Follow Olivia Odey on Instagram for more raw recipes!
- 1 cup black rice
- 3 small-medium sized kumara or could sub for pumpkin, chopped into chunks
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 large peppers, chopped
- Approx. 1/4 of a large cauliflower
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp The Brothers Green Hemp Seed Oil
- Sprinkle of The Brothers Green Superfood Garnish & cranberries to top. Olivia also recommends adding pomegranate!
- Put your rice on to cook first.
- Roast your kumara in the spices in an oven or air fryer until it's 3/4 of the way ready.
- Then add to the oven or air fryer the rest of your veg and cook for a further 10 or so minutes.
- When the rice and veg are done, add to a bowl with the spinach and the veg and toss until well mixed.
- Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar, hemp oil and maple syrup and top with your hemp seeds and cranberries.