Banana Hemp Bread Recipe
A Healthy Take on Banana Bread That Won’t Compromise Taste
The natural sweetness and starch from kumara allows for less added sugar and flour making it an easily digestible and nutritious breakfast, snack or dessert. Delicious on its own or ideally smothered in nut butter and more hemp seeds.
- 1 small kumara roasted
- 1 small banana mashed
- 3 flax eggs or free range organic eggs
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup The Brothers Green hemp hearts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Lots of cinnamon and nutmeg
- The Brothers Green x Chow Cacao chocolate
- Extra hemp hearts to add on top
- Coconut shreds to add on top
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and roast your kumara whole for 45 minutes or until it's soft on the inside and can easily slide out of its skin.
- Reset the oven to 180°C.
- Mash the kumara and banana together.
- Add in the egg of choice, vanilla, and sweetener and stir until combined.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients - don't over mix.
- Place the mixture in a bread tin, sprinkle coconut or more hemp seeds or even chocolate chips on top and bake for 45-50 minutes.
Feel free to add any extra goodies to the mixture to make it your own!